How to become a Network Marketing Professional – SBN TV Episode 2
Written by Adeposi Okupe on March 9, 2017
Watch this video to learn what it takes to become a Network Marketing Professional
Here are some highlights from the interview.
To succeed you must develop a sort of resilience and (whatever it takes) mentality to break through your obstacles, mental barriers and limiting beliefs to create the success you desire.
The question in business is not usually ‘if’ the obstacles/ challenges will come, it’s more of ‘when’ they will come and you have to be mentally prepared before hand.
Adewale was tired of job stress, everyday traffic rushing to and back from work and messy office politics and that was his encouragement to go into entrepreneurship with network marketing.
The Reputation of Network Marketing In Nigeria
You have tons of amateur network marketers spamming people on Facebook, begging and bugging their family and friends to join their company, and also the numerous ponzi schemes that have surfaced over time which mostly seem to disguise as network marketing companies.
Pyramid Scheme VS Network Marketing
Why you should start a Network Marketing Business
- Network Marketing is a legitimate business model that offers great incentives and personal development opportunity.Almost every thought leader has endorsed the network marketing industry.From Steven Cover to Robert Kiyosaki (who says it is the Business of the 21st century), Warren Buffet (who owns Pampered Chef, a $1bn annual turnover network marketing company and claims it is his best value-for-dollar investment). Donald trump who has owned his own network marketing company, and Richard Branson has also owned a network marketing company in the past, Virgin Cosmetics, and has publicly endorsed network marketing.
- Network Marketing is a very low startup and running cost business (no need for CAC Registration, legal hurdles and verifications, property setup or franchise costs) but with the potential upside in millions of dollars as a distributor.No other business model offers this kind of leverage at an affordable startup rate.If you want to open a franchise, for example Cold Stone Creamery or Domino’s Pizza, there is no guarantee of profit even when you are millions of naira down before starting and will take years to break even). In network marketing your start up costs are mostly in the N30,000 to N250,000 range which will usually cover your registration and distributor kit, and your running cost is your monthly auto-ship or product renewals, and training, transport and phone call bills.
- Multiple Billion-dollar companies e.g. Amway, Avon, Herbal Life) being around for decades and are still going strong and paying hundreds of millions of dollars in commissions to distributors and representatives every year.
Check out the Direct Selling News Global List to see annual turnover of Network Marketing Companies. This is a real business industry.
What it takes to become a Network Marketing Professional
consider a new involvement or business opportunity, you should ask more ‘What am you becoming’ and less of ‘What are you getting’.
Some qualities of Network marketing leaders
1. Not having integrity.
In mlm, you have to become the rock – Eric Worre
2. Prospecting mistakes – Spamming on social media, amateur prospecting.
3. Not attending events/ training
HEADS UP!! Recruiting Mastery Event
I’m curious! Did you Enjoy This Interview Episode? Let me know YOUR BIGGEST TAKEAWAY in the comments and I’d really appreciate if you please share this post on social media.
Making life worth living!